I recently gave a romance novel to a friend who doesn’t really read romance novels. I told her that she didn’t read them because she’d never tried one, and once she did, she’d love them forever. Since she is a good and open-minded friend, she gave it a try.
Today we went on a trip to Barnes & Noble to buy her more romance novels. Victory.
So here are my top 5 reasons why you should try reading a romance novel:
- There are lots of different kinds to try. Do you like suspense? Mystery? Historical? Contemporary? Comedy? Adventure? Sci-fi? Fantasy? You can find something in any of those sub-genres within the romance genre. (If you need a recommendation, leave me a comment and I’ll hook you up. Just tell me what you like to read.)
- I guarantee you that you will not get a depressing book when you pick up a romance. It’s a promise: “This is a romance novel, and the ending will be happy.”
- Romance novelists are awesome, if I do say so myself.
- The covers are generally way more embarrassing than what’s inside them.
- You might enjoy it! You’ll have a whole new genre available to you for all that reading you wish you could make yourself do– except that romance novels are SO MUCH FUN that it won’t feel like a chore to read anymore.