I’m currently working on a list of 30 things I want to do before I turn 30 on May 5, 2011. Thought it was time for a little update on how I’m doing!
1. Learn to play an instrument. I’ve dabbled a bit on the guitar, with Robbie’s help, but not enough. In fact, it’s been weeks since I’ve played and the callouses are coming off my fingers. Gotta get back on that.
2. Make an article of clothing. This one intimidates me. I have not begun.
3. Read Lord of the Rings. I started this week and so far I love it. I didn’t think I would, honestly. I tried to read it once before and just couldn’t do it. Maybe it’s that I have a longer attention span now, or get more sleep or something, but I’m enjoying it.
4. Be in a musical. Savoyards in the Spring, maybe. Anyone have any other local area musical productions to suggest (preferably featuring a chorus that will take people like me who aren’t necessarily great actresses/singers)?
5. Host a party for friends I haven’t seen in a long time. Still need to do this. Discussed a flannel-themed party because we all wore far too much flannel in high school.
6. See the cherry blossoms in DC. On my calendar!
8. Grow my own tomatoes. I’m working on it!
9. Sing karaoke (in public). Also a scary one, which I haven’t thought much about.
10. Cancel satellite TV. DONE!
11. Take a pilgrimage to my hometown, Redlands, CA. I’m so looking forward to this! I did a little Google Maps tour the other day and found this neighborhood I used to love when I was little. The houses have turrets.
12. Learn to do a loud two-fingered whistle. Anyone want to teach me? I tried to teach myself one time and just ended up light-headed and with slobber all over my fingers. True story.
13. Find my 5 healthy go-to recipes. First I have to be willing to cook. Hm. This may be harder than I planned.
14. Finish my web technologies degree. I’m taking Security 110 this summer, which is basically a Security+ class. It’s riveting. Heh.
15. Edit my wedding video. I feel as though I should edit my friend’s wedding video first, though, so I’ll get to this eventually.
16. Finish a full cycle of P90X. I’m starting this on Sunday. Here’s hoping I’ll be done with this goal 92 days from now!
17. Go kayaking. Meh, it’s too hot. Maybe this fall.
18. Stay up all night in Vegas. I’m hoping we can plan a big old West Coast trip, including Las Vegas, Redlands, Disneyland, Hollywood, and the beach.
19. Go to a roller derby match. DONE!
20. Write a movie script. This is in the “discovery” stage. Basically I’m watching a lot of Indiana Jones.
21. Run barefoot. Funny story: Today I am wearing sneakers to work (try building an outfit around that– I look like a camp counselor) because yesterday I went for a 1.5 mile walk in my high-heeled boots and got a giant blister on the ball of each foot. So running barefoot fills me with the unholy promise of pain right now, and I don’t want to think about it, really.
22. Learn all the words to a song… in French. This is le goal stupide. What was I thinking? Oh well, I’m stuck now. I’m thinking “Beyond the Sea” or some other old standard.
23. Learn to two-step. Where does one learn to two-step anyway? It’s not exactly a ballroom standard.
24. Buy an eReader. I think I’ll change this one to “get an eReader,” mostly because I don’t want to pay for one. Maybe my wish will be granted. Stranger things have happened.
25. Go vegetarian for one month. I think this will also involve me cooking stuff. Ugh.
26. Re-read and re-apply 7 Habits. Think I’ll tackle this once I’m done with Lord of the Rings. I don’t like to mix business and pleasure reading.
27. Say “yes” to something I normally wouldn’t. I can’t decide if I should cross this off or not… More details at a later date.
28. See the New England fall colors. Thinking of combining this with a trip to Boston to see my wee bruder.
29. Go to Romantic Times convention. I may actually instead go to Rom Con in Denver. I won a free ticket. But it would be better if I had also won free airfare. I know, I know.
30. ??? OMG, I still need one more thing! Someone help me! What’s missing from my list? What would be on your list? Leave it in the comments!